The Myth About Shaving Cuts
They are often pressing their razors too hard against their faces as they pull the blades across their skin in the belief that they will achieve a closer result.
Gillette’s advanced technology was designed to help distribute pressure away from the blades, helping prevent shaving cuts.
Front-pivot Handle Razors Help Prevent Nicks and Cuts
How your razor and its blades interact with your skin and hair while you shave has a lot to do with how they have been designed.
Moreover, multi-blade razors spread the downward pressure from your hand more evenly across your skin.
For example, a 5-blade razor cartridge (such as that on the Gillette Fusion5 ProShield), reduces skin bulging by more than 30%, compared to Gillette’s 3-blade cartridge, Mach3.
Smaller bulges mean a more even skin surface. As a result, the shave is close, comfortable and you are less likely to cut yourself.
How to Prevent Shaving Cuts
Reducing your chances of cutting yourself while shaving starts with using the right razor.
- Front-pivot handle to direct pressure away from the razor blades. (Also featured on Mach3.)
- 5-blade cartridge to distribute the pressure load more evenly across the skin.
- Precision-engineered blade tips
- Microfin skin guards that gently stretch the skin to smoothen the surface
- One or more lubrastrips to help protect your skin as you shave
The right razor, paired with a quality shaving cream can reduce your chances of cutting yourself during your shaving routine.