- Gillette All Purpose Styler and Beard Trimmer – regular trimming is vital for healthy beard growth, and the Gillette Styler is the perfect tool thanks to its precision trimmer. Choose from three interchangeable combs (2mm, 4mm or 6mm) to keep your beard at your preferred length
- Fusion5 ProGlide Razor – if you prefer a goatee or a soul patch to a full-blown hipster beard, you’ll need to use a razor to keep the area around your facial hair clean-shaven. The Fusion5 ProGlide is great for precision, thanks to its five anti-friction blades and handle with FlexBall technology to smoothly navigate every contour of your face
- SkinGuard Sensitive Razor – if you’re shaving sensitive skin, you’ll need extra protection from razor burn and shaving rash; the SkinGuard Sensitive is the ideal choice thanks to added lubrication between the blade and your skin
- A shaving brush – brushing your beard throughout the day is especially important if you have oily skin, as it can distribute oil through your beard to keep its texture even
- Gillette Aftershave Balm – it’s important to keep your beard and the skin underneath it hydrated for it to stay in good condition, and our soothing Aftershave Balm can do exactly that. Balms tend to be a gentler on sensitive skin than lotions, so bear that in mind when you’re looking for post-shave products
- Oil – if you don’t have beard oil, olive oil will do; it’s great for keeping your beard looking nourished and feeling soft, and for making it easier and more comfortable to shave if you have an especially coarse beard
How Often Should You Wash Your Beard?
Washing your beard regularly keeps your skin and your facial hair in good condition. Use warm water, as well as shampoo and conditioner, and try to get into the habit of washing your beard every time you wash the hair on your head. The Gillette Styler is 100% waterproof, so you can use it in the shower to make it even easier.
You shouldn’t wash your hair every day to prevent it being stripped of its natural oils, and the same applies to your beard – best practice would be a few times a week.
More Beard Care Tips
Follow these beard care tips in addition to your trimming and washing, and you’ll deserve to feel proud of your facial hair:
Skincare is Just as Important as Beard Care
Cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise your face regularly to keep attention on your beard for all the right reasons. A simple skincare routine with these three steps can help to cleanse excess oil and bacteria from your face, remove dead skin cells and flaky or dry skin, and can even stop your beard from feeling so itchy.
Discover more essential steps to add to your morning routine.
Trim Your Beard Neckline
Keeping on top of your beard neckline can help your face and neck to look a lot slimmer, and it can help your whole look to seem more polished. The Gillette All Purpose Styler allows you to trim, shave and edge, so there’s no excuse for your beard taking over your entire face.
Remember that it’s always best to trim just a little bit of hair at a time – you can always take more off, but you can’t add hair back on once it’s been trimmed off.
Always Lather Up
You can get away without using shaving cream when you’re trimming longer beard hair, but you need to use a shaving gel or foam the rest of the time to protect your skin and reduce your risk of razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
Treat Yourself (and Your Beard)
For the ultimate luxury beard care, treat yourself to GilletteLabs Heated Razor, which provides soothing warmth at the touch of a button. You can adjust the temperature to your ideal setting and it’s completely waterproof, so you can totally indulge in your morning shave while benefiting from Gillette quality and precision.