Tips For Underarm Shaving
There’s more than one way to groom underarm hair. Whether you trim or shave your armpit hair entirely, you’ll need to know how to shave your armpits to get the best results and avoid nasty razor burn. Good news though. All you need are the right tools, like the All Purpose Gillette STYLER, and a bit of knowhow.
Here are our top tips on how to shave armpits like a pro:
- Shower and exfoliate to prepare your skin
- Choose your underarm hair style
- Trim your hairs to avoid clogging the razor
- Apply shave gel to protect your skin
- Check your razor blades are sharp
- Keep the underarm skin taut and shave using light gentle strokes
- Rinse your razor when the blade gets clogged
- Follow the hair growth and shave in multiple directions
- Rinse your underarm and pat dry
- Leave a few days in between shaves
Step 1: Prepare Your Skin
When shaving underarms, a little preparation goes a long way. First, make sure you wash your underarms. A shower is a perfect way to do that because the warm water will also soften your hair. This makes it easier to for a gliding action when you start shaving. You should always exfoliate before shaving, to remove dead skin cells and debris. Exfoliating not only gives you a smoother shave, but also prevents ingrown hairs, so use a scrub on your armpit before shaving.
Step 2: Choose your look
Wondering how to groom underarm hair? Do you want to go all the way, or just shorten what you have? The All Purpose Gillette STYLER has three comb attachments to guide your choice, ranging from 6mm to 4mm, and 2mm. This means you can choose to tidy up your underarm hair with a quick trim, or shave it all off.
Step 3: Trim
Note to self, trimming your hair should always be step one. Long hair will clog your razor and cause it to drag over the skin. Because the Gillette STYLER is waterproof, you can get shaving while you’re in the shower.